Pages

1 May 2015

Fun Friday Botanical Gardens Dundee

On Saturday my daughter and I decided to visit our local Botanical Gardens. We have been to the one in St Andrews previously and enjoyed it.

It was a little further away than I had expected but that just meant extra time on the buses for my daughter. When we arrive I checked prices £4 for myself free for Alessa since she was under 5.

We headed on in and at the first bench we saw less the 10 feet from the entrance my daughter sat down and said it was lunch time. I agreed with her since the sun was out and it was a pretty spot.

After lunch we went to investigate the natural spring Alessa dipped her hands in. I got her to sit down so I could take her picture. From here we proceed to explore the different areas. She loved going into each of the sun houses and sitting. She also collected up some petals only from the ground I will point out I would never allow her to pick flowers that don't belong to us. I was surprised that there wasn't many people around. Which in a way was good it meant that when Alessa was running around from plant to plant she wasn't disturbing anyone else.

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee


I got some beautiful pictures of flowers including the lilies from my previous post. There were also a couple of trees that were just stunning and I don't think my photography does them justice. Alessa thought the building in the last picture in this next set looked like a Disney Princess castle and I have to agree with her.

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

We went on into the heated glass houses and were surprised to see a pond in here. The plants in here were from tropical countries and it was nice to see bananas and lemons growing on the trees. Alessa favourite were the cacti and holding the giant citrus fruit which we have no idea what it was.

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

Botanical Gardens Dundee

When we got home and she was telling daddy all about it he said he would come next time. It just so happens they are having an open day on the 23 May when daddy is on holiday. It will be free entry the children get to pot plants and have their face painted. Alessa is really excited about going back.

Do you have a Botanical Gardens near you? Maybe you should pop in and give them a visit.

Thank you for reading. x